SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe (IFbA) PDFs do not open in Microsoft Edge Chromium.
Microsoft end-of-support for Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) was June 15, 2022
- 1672817 - Browser: IE/Edge: Central Internet Explorer Support Policy Note
- 2884143 - Browser: Support policy for the new Microsoft Edge (EdgeOnChromium)
- 1903267 - Browser: Internet Explorer 11 Release Notes
- 1918612 - SAP IFbA: Information Reader/Browser support
A short term solution is to activate IE Mode in PDF support in Microsoft Edge.
The long term solution is to migrate existing SIFbA processes to the Stelo Fiori front-end.
- Open … Menu -> Settings -> Default Browser
- To Allow sites to be reloaded in Internet Explorer option: Set to "Allow"
- Restart Microsoft Edge.
Now open a page to be viewed in IE 11 Mode.
- Select the ... Menu -> Reload in Internet Explorer Mode.
- Here URLs can be set to always open in IE Mode.
- Edge will show and let you manage which pages have IE Mode set (see above) by going back to edge://settings/defaultBrowser
- Next go Settings -> Cookies and site permissions -> PDF documents
Unselect both options.
- Always download PDF files - off
- PDF view settings - off